You probably have already heard that video is quickly becoming the most consumed type of content out there. Don’t believe me? Well, let me throw some facts your way. YouTube is the second largest search engine behind Google. Every minute 5,700 different searches are performed on YouTube. YouTube processes more than 3 billion searches a month. YouTube is bigger than Bing, Yahoo, Ask, and AOL combined. I listened to a talk by Trevor Erikson. I will recap what the video went over below. To watch the full video, you can check it our here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DK03MZSqqNI.
So why is YouTube so massive and why does it continue to grow?
According to a study by Animoto, 96% of people in the study said they find videos helpful when purchasing something online. 71% said watching video increased trust in the brand. But perhaps the most important statistic is that 73% said they’d make a purchase after viewing video. The statistics all show that the trend is moving towards video in a big way.
How To Use Video In Marketing
Here are 5 video types you can use in your marketing:
- Video Unboxings – Show the package and what’s inside. Show the product, but also focus on the presentation.
- How-to’s & Tutorials – 1. Tell them what you’ll be telling them 2. Tell them 3. Tell them what you told them.
- Product Comparison – Compare on key metrics (important features to the consumers).
- Product Reviews – Review the product, focusing on what the customer doesn’t know yet…
- Torture Testing – How does the product hold up against ____? “Will it blend” from BlendTec is a great example of this type.
How should you get started?
- Create a Youtube channel for your company.
- Use what you have that others don’t. Leverage your strengths and the advantages you have.
- Create a publishing schedule – You don’t need to post every day, just create a schedule and make sure it happens.