The Internet has gone through many changes over the past 20 years and Duane Forrester has played a major role in this transformation. Forrester, Senior Product Manager for the Bing Webmaster Program is featured in a Stukent expert session video “Learn the Basics of Search Engine Optimization” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dm2KXhBPZDg. Forrester is considered a pioneer when it comes to the world of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and was one of the first SEO’s hired by a search engine.
Forrester has been featured in national publications and written two books on digital marketing, “Turn Clicks Into Customers” https://www.amazon.com/Turn-Clicks-Into-Customers-Techniques/dp/0071635165/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8 and “How To Make Money With Your Blog” https://www.amazon.com/How-Make-Money-Your-Blog/dp/0071508570/ref=asap_bc?ie=UTF8. Forrester has also helped to improve the web presence for companies like Disney, Gap, Walmart and General Motors.
What Is Search Engine Optimization?
Forrester explains in the Stukent expert session that search engine optimization (SEO) is a marketing tool to improve your website by making it more relevant to searchers and search engines.
Search Engine Optimization IS a Way to Increase:
- Page views
Search Engine Optimization IS NOT:
- Once and done
Important Things to Know About SEO:
- SEO takes time to earn full benefits
- Research targeted words with available keyword search tools
- Put the most valuable keywords at the start
- Make compelling meta descriptions that draws people to click
- Submit a valid sitemap
- Don’t expect a high rank for a new webpage – it takes time to build trust
- Use social media to get people to spread the word about your product
Forrester encourages anyone starting a website to use the many trustworthy and free research tools available providing valuable information needed to create a successful website.
- Bing Webmaster Tools http://www.bing.com/toolbox/webmaster/
Making your website unique with useful content for the searcher is one of several keys Forrester believes will help make your website a success.
Other Keys to Success Include:
- Find a niche topic
- Know what searchers are looking for
- Use keyword research to help make your website more relevant
Know Your Topic – Become the Authority
Forrester said you are only an authority when someone says you are and this can happen by doing the following:
- Engage your community and be accessible to talk about your topic and business
- Don’t hold back information
- Be active on social media
Duane Forrester shows his expertise and knowledge in this Stukent expert session by explaining the best way for you to get the most out of your website through Search Engine Optimization. Forrester believes the research tools available through Bing and others will give you important and trusted information to improve your website and make it successful.
If you are starting a website or looking to improve a current one, watching this video will give you valuable information to get more potential customers to your website.